Xruns with Windows VSTs

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

Dragonflag

Xruns with Windows VSTs

Postby Dragonflag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi. I'm a noob when it comes to Linux audio and I could really use some help eliminating Xruns. I have tried searching for this topic but haven't had much luck.

The only issue I have right now is with Windows VST's (some of which I really need), both 32 and 64 bit. When I load one in Carla, it immediately causes a lot of Xruns and keeps doing so, no matter how light or heavy they are (or how much DSP load they cause). All the Linux native plugins work just fine, no Xruns. Could someone point me to some things I might attempt? I'm pretty much stumped. I have tried increasing buffer size and periods/buffer and it seems to lower the xruns a little, but doesn't eliminate them. Even with settings that cause unusable latency I still get xruns.

My audio interface is Behringer UMC204HD. I'm running a Kubuntu with lowlatency kernel and I've done all the preparations for doing serious audio work.

I would appreciate any help.

troathscream
Establlshed Member

Re: Xruns with Windows VSTs

Postby troathscream » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am

From synaptic package manager install Festige, works great for me. I to Keep having Xruns with Addictive drums in Carla, if i use Festige i have none!

Grtz
Metal for the Devil!!!!

Return to “System Tuning and Configuration”